Monday, November 28, 2016

The One

Romans 5:17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

I’ve always wondered why Adam and Eve’s sin had repercussions for all of us.  Why did one man’s sin cause the rest of mankind to be born into sin as well, in need of a Savior?  I supposed it’s because we are all one – made in his image – and what we do as one affects us all.  Interesting, right?

But then…thankfully, because of ONE man Jesus, we all can have eternal life and forgiveness, because of what that one man did for us. Aren’t you glad?  Otherwise, we’d all have to be tortured and die a sinless holy one on a cross, for each of our own sins.

Even though I’m sad and wonder sometimes why I have to suffer just because of Adam and his wife Eve, I’m overwhelmed with gladness and also wonder at the fact that I don’t have to suffer because of another  man’s willingness to die for me.

One person caused death.
One person erased the effects of death.
And now I too, can live.

Something to think about today…


No comments:

Post a Comment