Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Barren

Psalm 113 He makes the barren woman abide in the house as a joyful mother of children.

I didn’t want to have children, at all.  I was perfectly content to be without children, to live my life alone with me and my husband.  Then God gave me a child…and then another…and I’m eternally grateful, for sure.

However, there are many women who want children and remain childless their entire lives.  They feel alone and hopeless and perhaps rejected by God.

God’s intent is for us to never be alone, to always have hope, and to be assured that we are accepted and loved.

Even those without children, without spouses, without things, without health, etc. can find a place in his house and experience the joy of a mother with children.

Having children produces joy like no others.  And the truth is that that joy isn’t reserved for moms with children.

That joy is available to all – the barren and the fruitful.

Desiring children?  Or some other longing aching in your heart?  God can bring you joy as you abide in his house. 

Just ask Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment