Sunday, August 21, 2016

Jealous

Exodus 20:5 says You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

What a stern warning! 

When we worship anything OTHER than the Lord God we are wreaking havoc on the generations following us.

It’s funny how character traits and personal looks mimic our parents.  I have my dad’s teeth, and I have my mom’s high cheek structure. I also carry in me creativity of thought from my dad and a strong work ethic from my mom.

However, there are also those things I deal with from them that are not so pleasant.  We all have them.  And we all pass them on to our children if we don’t give them up  - like a hot temper, a sharp tongue, and impatient heart.

Whatever we worship gains momentum in our blood line and shows up stronger as it flows.


As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment