Saturday, August 6, 2016

Tell Him Tell You

Lamentations 3

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.


One of the things I love about this passage is that there are two statements, almost like telling your heart something true, and then there are two statements directed to the Lord, in faith.  In other words, we sometimes need to tell ourselves and remind ourselves about who God is, and then we need to turn to him and speak our thanksgiving and praise.

Look at it closely and see how it reads:

Hey self, did you know God is kind and his kindness never stops, and he never stops having compassion – in fact every morning he starts all over with new kindnesses and compassion?

“O Lord, you are faitihful!”
“O Lord you are what I need!”

Therefore, my soul, don’t you know it?  Your hope is in Him.


Make this a practice daily.  Tell yourself of His goodness, then tell him of his faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment