Thursday, August 4, 2016

Affliction

Psalm 119
I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are righteous,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
 O may Your lovingkindness comfort me,
According to Your word to Your servant.


Isn’t this interesting “you have afflicted me.”

There are so  many arguments over whether or not God “allows” pain or even “causes” it.  I think the best thing is to stop questioning his character and know that whether it was allowed, caused, or just happened, he is working all of it for a good end.  

That we know!

I know that as a parent, there were times when I had to back away from my children and let them run and even bruise their knees so they could see that my direction was good, although they wanted to disobey.  Once they bruised their knee, then they listened the next time when the danger was greater.

He, in his infinite wisdom and love, knows what we need.  Even if it’s affliction. 


And his comfort and love heals every wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment