Saturday, December 13, 2014

Visitation

Luke 2:15, 16 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” and they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.

The shepherds had a visitation from heaven and they responded by obeying what they were told.

I’ve not seen an angel (that I know of) but I have had the Lord prompt me, share with me, or inspire me to see something he has done.  It might be a thought to give or share part of my earnings with a friend in need, it might be a nugget of truth from his Word that changes some dark place in my heart, or it might be a wonder in his creation that makes me stop and pause, and stand in awe.

God revealed to the common shepherds the birth of His son – Jesus – and showed them where to find him, where to worship him, where to adore him.


God wants a relationship with all of us like that, one where we look up, he speaks, and we obey – discovering the beauty and awe and power of Christmas – every day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment