Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Enter In

Psalm 45;15 Led in with joy and gladness, they enter the palace of the king.

Have you ever been in a king’s palace? I have not.  And I suspect I wouldn’t be that impressed.  No human deserves to be called King, in my book.  And when I see all of the hoopla over Prince William and his wife Kate, I actually feel sorry for people like that who are in the spotlight and every outfit they wear or every hand movement they make is scrutinized and criticized…or copied and adored.

However, imagine with me being led into the place of our King – Jesus.  He’s the one who was born in a manger, of lowly stature.  The one who came and became one of us, lived as we do, suffered more than we do, and conquered death.

He is now exalted over all the earth as King of Kings – my King.

This verse says “led in with joy and gladness…they enter…”

We don’t have to enter the palace in fear that we aren’t dressed appropriately, worried that he won’t have time to touch our hands, or afraid that we aren’t worthy to receive a nod from his head.

We can enter joyfully and gladly, because our King is our Savior – our personal Lord – our God and friend.

He invites you into his presence to sit by him on his throne.  Go on in.  The door is open.  Just skip right in and sit on his knee, unashamed and unafraid in his palace of mercy and grace.

Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment