Saturday, August 10, 2013

Say It Again

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!

One commentary on this verse says this: Joy in God is of great consequence in the Christian life; and Christians need to be again and again called to it. It more than outweighs all causes for sorrow.

I think I know how to rejoice in the Lord, especially when prayers are answered like I prayed they would be, when money is in the bank, and when everyone I love is healthy and prosperous.  That’s easy. 

But this verse encourages us to rejoice always.  And I’m thinking Paul knew people would be like, “What? How can we rejoice ALWAYS?”  And so Paul says it again, for emphasis.

I need to be reminded to rejoice always, I just do.  Because when life is a bit tough, it’s easy to lose sight of the reasons we have to rejoice, those reasons that outweigh the reasons to cry in sorrow.

Our sins are forgiven, and we have eternal life.  That’s huge.  God is in control and He knows just what’s happening – nothing gets by Him.  That’s amazing.  And we are loved beyond imagination by a Father who’s crazy about us.  That’s making me smile, right now.

Rejoice!


Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment