Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Proclaim It


Matthew 10: What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

Jesus is talking in this verse. 

So when’s the last time Jesus whispered in your ear? Or spoke to you in the dark?

I mostly hear his whispers when I’m praying intimately to him, just me and Jesus, in the safety of my home, down on my knees…alone.  And yet, he tells me here to proclaim from the roofs what I hear.  I’m guess my neighbors and friends need to hear about his love, because that’s what I hear most when I’m alone with him.

I’m going to take this literally and think of when Jesus speaks to me when I don’t know the way to go – when I’m in “the dark.”   And it’s in those times that I hear the comforting words of truth about who he is – the way, the truth, the life – and I find peace in knowing he’s there even when I can’t see.  So I’m supposed to speak that truth when the morning comes.  You know, “weeping may last for a night, but joy comes with the morning light.”

Roofs are high, they provide a good vantage point, and sound can echo down to the people below.


What are you proclaiming from your house?  

No comments:

Post a Comment