Saturday, August 24, 2013

Blessed Barns

Deuteronomy 28: 8 The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.

Barns are used to store things, right?  They’re used to house animals from the foul weather, to keep the grain for the winter months, and to house the farm implements so that they don’t rust when left outside.  It’s a place of protection, and it’s also a thing of beauty. 

Have you ever driven in the countryside and come around a curve in the road, only to see a beautiful red barn tucked under a few huge oak trees, atop a hill of green grass, with a pond of sparkling water below?  It’s breathtaking to see, even if you only see it in an artist’s rendition on canvas!

I want a blessed barn like that on the property of my home.  I want the place where I house the things that are important to me to be blessed. I want everything I put my hands to, to be blessed.

And finally, that which is yet to be mine (the land he is giving me) will be blessed as well, if I follow the Lord’s commands.


Holy and consecrated for his use – blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment