Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blessings

Deuteronomy 28 – what a chapter!

Verses 1-2 set the tone for what will follow those who are careful to fully obey the Lord and all that he commands.  They will be set high above all nations on earth and will be accompanied by blessings.

One verse says this: “You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.”

Taking that literally for us in our current culture, it says this to me: 

If we obey the Lord’s word to love him with all our hearts, and our neighbor as ourselves, we will be blessed where we live, and where we journey to, and where we play.

I live in the city, but I sure enjoy driving out in the country.  Some live in the country and drive into the city only to purchase things they need to live.  But it doesn’t matter which place I choose to call home; I’m going to be blessed.  And that’s because the blessing of the Lord is within me, and it follows me wherever I lay my head.

Blessings accompany those who obey. 

What sort of blessings?  We’ll read more in days to follow, but it puts my heart at peace knowing that as a child of a Father who knows best (not just a TV dad who’s acting the part), I can fully trust that if I obey what he tells me to do, my going and coming will be blessed.  

Will there be hard times? Sure.  But I will rest in knowing my Father’s blessings are accompanying me and working things together for good.

Be blessed today.


No comments:

Post a Comment