Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cursed

Deuteronomy 11: 18, 19 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

We are talking here about the converse life – one of curses and not blessings – if we choose to disobey the Lord and his commands.

This is quite a stern warning here.  Our kids will be affected by our choices. Our produce, or outcome of what we do with our hands, will also be cursed.  That which we possess may soon possess us, and we won’t experience a blessing.  In fact, when we come and go, we will find it hard to live, move, and have our being – because we no longer will be under his blessings.
Is God mean?  No way.  He’s holy.

He has given us his Holy Spirit to enable us with his power to obey his commands to love him with all of our hearts, and our neighbor as ourselves.  So when we choose not to do this, we are choosing (not his choosing) to walk away from the blessings, and out from under the refreshing rain that he sends in season.

When I first had my kids, it didn’t take me long to realize that when I made bad choices, they copied my every move and my every attitude.  I begin to straighten up and “fly right,” as my mom used to say.

I don’t want to experience a cursed life.  And I don’t have to, because of Him and his grace, love, and power that draws me to obey.


No comments:

Post a Comment