Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Who He Is

Psalm 103:3 “…who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases…”
Now the psalmist is listing the character of God, the reasons, the benefits, the profit, the gain, we have from knowing Him and why it is that He deserves our praise.

It’s easy, after years of walking with the Lord, to forget the benefit of salvation.  Its even easy to forget that we still sin occasionally, and because of the blood of Jesus we are forgiven.  What other entity on earth can absolve us of our sin, erase it as though it never occurred, and free us from the guilt and burden of that sin?  There is no other name but Jesus.

It’s also easy, when looking around at the dying in the world, from cancer and other diseases (even our family members) and to remind ourselves that God really is the healer.  Whether we experience that healing in our physical body while here on earth, or when we arrive on the other side, He is the healer. 

And the biggest disease of all – the one that kills and destroys not only the body but the soul – SIN – he healed once and for all on the cross.

I sinned just last week by saying some things I shouldn’t have said.  I was ashamed and downcast for a bit, but then I looked up, and remembered that I have a savior who loves me and forgives me.  I hope I never forget that.

I have friends who are suffering with illness, and others who are still sick in sin, and I must remember that God heals all diseases – it’s who He is – the Healer.  So I continue to pray, believe, and stand firm for those I love.


Praise the Lord, and remember the One who Forgives and the One who Heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment