Thursday, July 11, 2013

Redeemed and Crowned

Psalm 103:4 “…who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,”

Remember yesterday’s verse?  We praised Him because he forgives sin and heals all.

Not only is our God so good that he forgives us, he also redeems us from the pit.  How great it is that God doesn’t just forgive us and then push us on our way, saying “Don’t do it again,” as he watches with a critical eye waiting for us to fall down so he can point his finger in accusation.  No! That’s not my God.

He “redeems” me!  If I perform poorly on a test, and I’m given a second chance to take it again and score highly, I’m redeeming my sorry score and replacing it with a passing one.  The same is true of our God, who not only forgives us but he places us in a place of strength as we walk with Him, so that next time we look to Him and we don’t fall – we soar!

Not only is our God so good that he heals our diseases, but when the healing is delayed at times, we are then “crowned” with love and compassion for others.  In other words, maybe when we are suffering for a season, we actually are being fitted for that which will adorn us to love and be moved to action to help others who are suffering, as well.

I know that I was unable to truly  have compassion for those in financial need until I myself suffered a great financial loss and saw the redeeming, restorative, rescuing power of my Savior.


Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment