Friday, July 5, 2013

No Wound Found

Daniel 6:23 says The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.

Have you ever read this verse? 

The story goes that there was a royal decree that all knees should bow to the king, which Daniel disobeyed, so he was thrown in with the lions. 

However, this verse says when Daniel was lifted from the den, “no wound was found on him.”

The only way we can sit in a den of lions, or among those who threaten us with their “roar,” and come out without a wound is if we trust in Him.

Daniel didn’t land in the den of lions and start to speculate, meditate, and shake his fist at God who left him there to die.  Instead, he trusted in the Rock, eternal.  He knew God’s plans for Him, and whether he lived…or died…he was in God’s hands.

I don’t want to live my life with wounds on me of where I landed in hard places and carry around the bruises to show God how he abandoned me at times.  He doesn’t abandon us.


I want to live my life trusting God to be with me, even when I’m surrounded, as I sit and watch him close the mouths of those who seek to destroy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment