Monday, July 8, 2013

Speak to Yourself

Psalm 103: 1 “Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.”

I find it interesting that throughout the Psalms the writer speaks to himself, telling himself to praise the Lord.  But then again, I have to do the same thing daily.

Sometimes I really don’t feel like praising Him, especially when I’m questioning His character.  It’s just like a married couple, when one is mad at the other, she doesn’t feel like adoring him at the moment, because all she can see is the faults. 

But today I’m going to join with the psalmist and tell my soul – my inmost being – to praise his holy name.

My “inmost being” can be the deep, deep places of my questioning mind, the wounded recesses of my soul, or the very core of my strength at times when I feel weak.  It’s in these very times that I need to remind myself of who he is – The Lord - the One whose name is holy.

God inhabits the praises that we lift up to Him.  And when he inhabits our praise, all questioning, all hurts, all weaknesses, awaken to his holiness, his sovereignty, his healing, and his strength.


Praise the Lord! Praise his holy name!

No comments:

Post a Comment