Friday, March 8, 2013

Whatever


John 2 tells of the story where Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding, because they had exhausted their supply.  There are many good lessons to learn from this story, but today the heart and tenacity of a mother stood out to me.

Jesus’ mother came to him and made Jesus aware of the need, to which Jesus questioned her with, “Why do you involve me?”  The next thing his mother did was tell the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

Aren’t there times when you run out of resources with your family and you go to Jesus in desperation, asking for provision?  The reason Jesus’ mother went to Him was because she knew who he was – the son of God – all powerful – and that He loved her.  And the reason that she turned immediately and gave direction to the servants was because she knew whatever his answer was must be obeyed, and this his answer would supply the need.

That heart towards Jesus is what I want.  I want to know him so well that when I go to him in need, I immediately prepare for obedience as he answers and provides.  No doubt, no questions asked, just a receiving heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment