Thursday, March 7, 2013

Follow Me


In the rest of John 1 Jesus begins calling his disciples.  It’s interesting to note that he calls them by saying “Follow me.”  In fact, one asked, “Where are you staying?” to which Jesus replied by saying, “Come and you will see.”

Very often, we walk with the Lord and then we turn to go down a path and ask Him to follow us wherever we are going.  But that’s not really the way to walk.  I’ve gone into a pit of despair, a fit of fear, and a bed of pity before and asked the Lord to come be with me there.  I want him to follow me into my misery so that I’ve got company. You know the saying, “Misery loves company.”

However, in reading this chapter I see that Jesus saw those he desired and encouraged them to follow Him.  He found them, then he called them, and they left what they were doing and followed him.

I’m excited to continue following Jesus through the book of John to see where it is he’s taking us as we follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment