Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Journey


I’m finished with my trek through the Bible finding scriptures on rest.  And the main thing I’ve learned is that when I’m in a state of unrest, it’s pretty much up to me to choose to move out of it – into rest.

The cause of unrest is questioning the goodness of God in my life and questioning the very nature of God – which is really a slap in His face.  He is good and just, and what He does is perfect.  So if my circumstances scream at me and say, “God must not care about you,” or “What if God isn’t going to come through this time?” I can listen to those voices or I can rest in His presence – KNOWING He’s got it all under control.

And if His control looks like chaos and pain to me, I must chose to rest in the fact that He sees all, knows all, and has a future and a hope for me – and it’s a good one.  My future and hope is not in this life, anyway.  This is just a journey.

Am I at rest, now? 

I’ve also learned that rest is a not a destination – it’s a place I will most likely visit from time to time until I learn that it’s a state of the heart – leaning into Him until I’m overwhelmed by the knowledge that He is my oh-so-loving Father and in Him there is no fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment