Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wandering...


Hebrews 3 is a good read and a good place to reflect on our own heart.

Remember the group of people in the Old Testament who wandered around in the wilderness for 40 years?  Miracle after miracle of provision was given to them in the desert, and yet they whined and fretted over God abandoning them. 

I know I personally have seen God at work in my life and experienced answered prayers, provision for more than enough of everything I need, yet I find myself wondering if he’ll come through “this time.” It grieves my heart that I do this, so I know it must grieve His.

When we forget God’s character and his very nature – that he is good and all powerful – and everything He has he freely shares with us – we keep ourselves wandering…

And we never enter into rest.

Lord, forgive me for ever questioning your goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment