Monday, March 18, 2013

It's All Good


When Jesus kept speaking at the festival, there is a sentence in John 7:44 that caught my eye.  It says, “Some wanted to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him.”

That verse brings me great comfort.  Jesus was going about doing what his Father told him to do.  It frustrated the religious leaders, it irritated many, and it confused his disciples.  Many were angry and wanted to take him away and kill him – so he could die - the purpose for which he came.

However, it wasn’t time for that.  Jesus was under complete protection of his Father and no one could seize him or touch him unless the Father said it was time.

Hardships come to us all, even horrific tragedy.  And we can sit in fear of it all.  Or we can realize that as we do what our Father instructs us to do, no one and nothing can harm us.  And if and when we do die, or tragedy strikes, it won’t be for destruction – but rather for resurrection.

Somehow this brings me hope that until the time my Fathers says for me to die – I’m good.  And when the time comes for me to die – I’m good.  Because I believe in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment