Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Questions



I’m just loving this book of John…are you?

In John 8, Jesus is brought a woman caught in the act of adultery and asked Jesus, “What do you say?” It then says they wanted to question Jesus in order to “trap” him, to have a reason to accuse him.

Remember a few verses back, when the people were hungry and Jesus asked his followers how they were going to feed all of the people?  Those verses said Jesus asked, knowing the answer, in order to “test” them.
So we see a huge difference here.  The religious guys wanted to trap Jesus, and Jesus wanted to test his followers.  One had ill in mind towards the one they questioned, and the other had nothing but love and concern for the one he questioned.

I hope that I don’t question Jesus constantly and ask "why?" so much, complain so often, and grumble today in order to try and trap Him and accuse Him of not caring for me.  I know I’ve done that before.  

But instead, I hope that I’m listening well to his sweet voice ask me, in situations where I don’t know what to do, if I’m going to open my hands and receive more than enough so that I can bless others with the runoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment