Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Tradeoff


December 19
I know by now, some are reading all of these devotions about joy and thinking, “Well, these verse just don’t apply to me.  I grew up in a depressed home.  I don’t have a joyful family.  I inherited a huge mess.  A life of joy isn’t attainable for me.”

There is ALWAYS hope in God because he does these huge tradeoffs that are really quite incredible.  He says in Isaiah 61 that instead of shame – he’ll give a double portion.  That means even if you’ve grown up with your tail tucked between your legs – you get double grace.  And instead of disgrace – you will rejoice in your inheritance. That’s because you will realize that your true inheritance isn’t from your blood line – it’s from His work on the cross.
Finally, after these two tradeoffs – you get everlasting joy – it’s yours to keep.  Forever.

It’s a done deal.  It doesn’t matter what’s behind you that has pushed you into a life of shame and disgrace. He’s offering you a new robe to wear.
Are your arms open as he slips it over your shoulders?

No comments:

Post a Comment