Monday, December 3, 2012

Joyful Shouts



December 4, 2012

Psalm 27: 5, 6 says, “For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.”  

The above verses imply that:

·         Yes, there will be trouble all around – but there is a safe place in Him. 
·         Yes, heavy storms and rain will fall – but there is rock on which I can stand and not drown.
·         Yes, enemies will taunt me and surround me – but I will be above it and not be moved by it.

Those three truths above are then enough for me to offer a “sacrifice” by shouting with joy, singing, and music to my Lord. 

When trouble is present, you’re in a heavy downpour and you hear hateful things – try shouting for joy – not because of the trouble but because of the One who rescues you and sets you in a place of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment