Friday, December 28, 2012

New Every Morning



December 29, 2012

The Bible says in Lamentations that God’s compassions never fail – they are new every morning.  Remember the passage in the Lord’s Prayer that says “Give us this day our daily bread?” We usually think of provision, and how the Lord will meet all of our needs that we have…daily.  But did you ever think about your need for compassion from a Holy God?

He not only promises to sustain us daily, but every morning when the sun rises, so does his compassion.  It rises to greet us. Everyone needs compassion, and we need it daily.  Otherwise, we would be consumed.  He is a holy God and we are flesh…dust…and he knows that.  He made us!

My compassion for others fails often.  If they’ve repeatedly hurt me, or I can’t understand why they do what they do, my empathy towards them fails.  I write them off, I avoid them, and I move on to the next person.

However, God is not like that.  He never writes us off, because he is the definition of true love.  And because he loves us he has compassion on us, every morning when we rise.

Great is His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment