Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Wine



December 27, 2012

The New Year is coming.  What new things did you try this past year?  Were they successes or failures?  What new things do you plan on trying for 2013?  

In the book of Deuteronomy, the phrase “new wine” is mentioned seven times! The last passage is my favorite:

”The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you...in a land of grain and new wine, where the heavens drop dew…He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.  Your enemies will cower before you and you will tread on their heights.”

As the New Year approaches, this is my prayer for my family and yours.  I hope that we all increase our faith in God as our strength and everything we need. I want to live in the reality of that picture – new wine – heavens dropping dew.  And I want to see enemies cowering, instead of me cowering in fear.

As I understand it, new wine expands.  Are you thirsty for it?  May your faith expand, his blessings overflow, and your enemies disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment