Saturday, December 29, 2012

Indeed



December 30, 2012

I think “hope” is something we all need for 2013, so when I looked up the word in the bible, I found it interesting to note that the word “hope” is only mentioned five time in the old testament prior to the book of Job, and then 17 times in the book of Job itself!  

One of my favorite passages in Job is where he says though God slays him, yet he will hope in Him.
I’m pretty sure most of us have times where we feel everything is going wrong, and even God himself must be against us. I felt that way when we lost our home, and yet it was nothing compared to what Job experienced with the loss of health and family.  

After Job says God slays him and expresses his hope in Him, Job says, “Indeed this will turn out for my deliverance.”

There is the hope!  Even when all is wasted and gone, the very one who by nature is our “Deliverer!” is with us and will see us through!  

There really is no other One in whom we can trust but Him – and he WILL deliver us from the things that slay us.  

 Hope in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment