Friday, November 16, 2012

The Starry Hosts

November 17, 2012 Isaiah 45 says this: This is what the LORD says— the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands? It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts. What a comforting, sobering string of words! And right now, when we are all “concerned” about things to come, we often tend to start questioning Him, asking things like, “What’s going to happen?” “How can I protect my children?” “The world is falling apart, and how do we survive?” and more. I’ve heard many such comments and questions since the election last week. The passage above is so reassuring to me. He’s our maker, and questioning him or ordering Him is not in our best interest…at all. What we need to do is take note of creation. I LOVE the last statement where He reminds that His own hands waved and the stars were not just “flung” into space, but they were “marshaled.” This means they were guided, ushered in, arranged, and assembled in order, much like a group of soldiers lining up for battle. He’s not taken back, nor dismayed, nor “concerned” about the state of America, nor the future of our children. Do we prepare? Stay informed? Pray? Sure we do! But we don’t fret. He who lines up the stars and shows them where to shine can surely arrange and usher me and mine into a future of hope with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment