Monday, November 26, 2012

JOY



November 27, 2012

It’s the season we sing “Joy to the World” which is well and good, but is there joy in our homes?

How can we offer joy to the world if we don’t have joy ourselves?  I’m wondering that myself, and I want to know more about joy…what it is…how to get it…how to keep it…how to share it.

I Chronicles 26 says that strength and joy are in his dwelling place.  I know He dwells inside me, and I often lean on His strength in my times of weakness.  There’s another verse that says the joy of the Lord IS my strength.  So strength and joy - these two are a pair that goes together like a pair of mittens.  As long as I’m wearing both pair, I’m covered…I’m warm…and I’m looking good! 

A directive follows the part about strength and joy in his dwelling place…and that is to “ascribe” to the Lord all that he gets credit for – all the good in our lives – all of creation – all power and majesty. I’m thinking when we realize the origin of all these things, a peace comes in knowing they belong to Him, he oversees them, he takes of them…and we have no worries.

That, my friend, is a realization that not only frees us to rest in peace…but to sing with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment