Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sit Down



November 4, 2012

There’s a story in Exodus of when Moses had his hands up in prayer, his people were winning a battle. But when Moses let his hands down, the enemy starting gaining the upper hand.  It’s interesting to note that the guys out there fighting physically with their hands weren’t getting tired, nor did their aggressiveness or weakness have anything to do with the battle and how it was going.  It was the guy praying that affected the wins/losses.

The cool thing about this story is that when Moses’ hands grew tired, two friends came alongside to hold his hands up – and they put a stone under him!  They didn’t pick up stones and throw them at him, ridiculing him because he was tired. They offered him a place to rest.  Then they let him relax his arms, while they did the lifting.

I myself have grown weary in lifting up my own hands in prayer for certain things, and I’ve let them down in despair.  When we went through a hard time and I just didn’t feel like praying, my sister said to me, “I’ve got this one. Let me pray for it.”  It’s sort of like passing a baton in a race to the one behind you who’s just stepped in, full of energy, when you’re worn out.

Are you weak in your faith?  Sit down on the stone (Jesus) and relax your arms.  If there are no friends around to support you, He will be your support and strength.  Do you have a friend weak in faith?  Go stand beside her and tell her, “I’ve got the faith for this one.”

Thank you Jesus, for being an immovable stone of security and rest, and that in our weakness – you are strong!

Exodus 17:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment