Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Deliver Me



November 14, 2012

In Psalm 144 it says He trains our hands for war, our fingers for battle, and that he is our fortress.  However, a few verses later the writer pleas for God to deliver him from the hands of foreigners. 

Have you ever felt like you were on top, victories were taking place, times were good…you’re winning the battle, and then – wham! – you’re knocked down and don’t know if you’ll ever get up again?  God is our refuge and fortress, but sometimes the enemy, let’s call them “foreigners”, comes in and deceives us, or we are pulled away for a time from what we know to be truth and we’re captured.  

Later in the chapter, the cry comes again for God to deliver him from the hand of foreigners, and then what follows after that is so cool:  our sons will be like healthy plants, and our daughters like strong pillars – carved to adorn a palace!

I don’t know about you, but that gives me hope that even if I falter, I get captured, and even beaten…my rescuer will come when I call to Him.  He will not only come to me, but he will also come to my children and bless them and cause them to prosper.

What an awesome God and Father HE IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment