Wednesday, March 22, 2017

No Record

I Corinthians 13 – the love chapter – says this about love...

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Wow…I can get so easily angered at the drop of a hat sometimes. And I can recall a wrong in a flash, if I’m stirred up to do so.  So I realize that I am not yet made perfect in love.

I still have some “self-seeking” in me – want my own needs to be met – by others or things. 

It’s then we realize that self-seeking then results in dishonor, and that then causes riffs in relationships with others…and ultimately in our relationship with Him.

It’s hard to be perfect in love, that’s why we need to seek him.  And he will come, he will enable us to love selflessly and with abandon those who don’t even love us back.

It’s a process, learning to love like He does.  But we are free when we do, instead of harboring anger and accusations against those who annoy, hurt or irritate us.

I find that I have to ask daily, and sometimes multiple times a day, for his love to supersede my own ability to keep anger at bay.


Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment