Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sweet Words

Psalm 119
How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

My husband LOVES honey.  He uses it as a sweetener in his coffee.  I have been cooking lately with honey, and it’s super flavorful and sweet, as an alternative to sugar.  In fact, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like something sweet after a salty meal. 

Sweetness is just a simple fact of life that has to be present, it just HAS to, in order to make us smile.

And this verse says HIS words are sweeter than honey – sweetness in pure form!

What this means is that when life has given you sour lemons, people have been a bit too salty for your taste, and even when life is bland and blah and mundane…here come his words of truth, love, grace, and mercy – and they sweeten up our day in the most pleasant of ways!

Try it.

Read his word today.  Start with Psalm 23. Sit at his table.  Let your sweet tooth be satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment