Wednesday, July 13, 2016

He Touched Me

Daniel 8:18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.

I love the imagery here of a man sleeping on his stomach, in deep deep sleep, unaware of anything but the silence and rest of the night...when all of a sudden he feels a touch…and the next thing he knows he is sitting upright in his bed.

I’ve had this happen.  Not often, but it has.  I’ve been asleep and awakened suddenly with a thought to pray, a word I need to write down to write about later, or a verse or a phrase of hope.  I’ve also awakened in fear, unable to go back to sleep, with thoughts of worry and dread encircling my head.

Those fearful awakenings are not from God.  We can dismiss them and go back to sleep.

Those amazing awakenings of hope and faith and joy are from God and we need to sit upright and respond.

No one likes being awakened from a deep sleep…unless they are being awakened to something amazingly better than sleep.

His touch is better than sleep.

Ask him to awaken you and visit you and touch you sometime…in the middle of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment