Tuesday, July 12, 2016

His Hand - My Mouth

Jeremiah 1:9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Has your mouth ever been “touched” by God with his words?

Maybe you’ve sat with a grieving friend and God gave you words of comfort.
Maybe you’ve been near a sick child and God gave you words of healing to pray.
Maybe you’ve been with a disappointed spouse and God gave you words of encouragement.
Maybe you’ve realized a truth and spoken the truth over your own heart and soul.

God touches our mouths with the truth, when we are seeking the truth.  He gives us words of wisdom, when we are seeking wisdom.

If your mouth constantly gets you in trouble because of foul words, demeaning words, critical words, etc. – just ask God to change your heart and heal your wounds – and just see if you don’t feel his touch.  And start speaking the words He puts in your mouth!


1 comment: