Thursday, January 7, 2016

No More Guilt

Prior to this next verse in Isaiah, there are 132 verses on guilt, those who keep sinning, how to deal with guilt, how the guilty will be punished, how disobeying brings guilt, and they are heavy, heavy verses.
And then in Isaiah, we read this,
With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”
It was a coal from the altar that touched his lips. A coal from the offering for sin.
This is a foretelling of Christ’s work on the cross – the great sacrifice – the perfect sacrifice.
All of that heaviness that guilt brings when we sin and mess up, or even when we just think we’re not doing it “right” was atoned (paid) for, and this verse tells me that…
My guilt was taken away.
So therefore, I’m thinking that if I carry around a heavy bag full of guilt daily, and I’m not raising my fist or blatantly disobeying a direct command from His word, that heavy bag is not meant for me to carry.
In fact, I can toss it off to the side and leave it.
Never to pick it up again.
That’s a hard concept to grasp and live out…but I want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment