Friday, January 8, 2016

From Guilt

Hebrews 10:22 says
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water…
I think what I doubt sometimes is my sincerity of heart.  I know that I have hidden agendas and personal wishes and hurts that color my requests, when I come to God.
I also know that sometimes my faith is not assured, it’s shaky and wavering when I’ve just been hit with fear or questions that plague my mind.
So for those two things I sometimes feel guilty in His presence.  After all, he is the definition of HOLY and nothing escapes him, not even our hidden agendas.
But I do know this.
I believe in Jesus and his death and resurrection, my heart has been cleansed.  And there is also a cleansing of a guilty conscience that takes place with that forgiveness.

Dear Lord, cleanse me of sin, let me be aware of that cleansing, and may I walk free from the baggage that comes with lingering guilt or new guilt that I tuck away inside and carry on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment