Sunday, January 10, 2016

Freedom

What are we afraid of if we lay down guilt, and make the choice to not carry it?

What if He did speak to us to obey and we didn’t?  Does carrying around guilt make us a better person?

I like to sometimes look at my own kids.  I don’t want to ever “guilt” them into coming to see me, make them feel bad if they don’t give things to me, or punish them again and again for any little thing they do to offend me.  I want them to know that I love them and enjoy that love.

Isaiah 57 says,

“For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: ‘I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.”

The Lord wants us to enjoy Him, yes to obey Him and humble ourselves before him, but to be revived and to be joyful when walking with him daily.

There are times when His presence is so sweet and I’m enjoying my time with him, when I have a thought that makes me feel guilty.  I don’t think that’s his thoughts that come and interrupt my time with him, to bring me down to shame and feeling unworthy.

Jesus is the worthy One, and he makes me worthy of His blessings poured out on my life, and one of those blessings is the freedom to enjoy Him without guilt…without performance…without shame.


No comments:

Post a Comment