Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Sign

Genesis 9:16, 17 is more of God’s response to Noah after the flood:

When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

We still see the rainbow today, and we still think of the promise made behind that rainbow.
We are experiencing the effects of effective prayer from thousands of years ago.

So how is this related to prayer?

Let’s look at this again.

If prayer is a solemn request for help or an expression of thanks, then there must be a relationship we are desiring with God.  We want to call on him and have him listen and answer.

But in Genesis, we see that God is asking something of man first, and when man responds by believing and obeying and trusting, God then is pleased and man responds in thanksgiving.

I want to try this today.  I think it might be a bit scary, to sit down and listen to see what God is saying first.

But then I think it might be quite amazing to see what happens when I listen in prayer and obey, before I petition and plead and beg.


No comments:

Post a Comment