Friday, January 1, 2016

Changed and Different

I Samuel says
The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person.  Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you.
Here we see something spoken directly over a young man, stating that he will be changed into a different person, all because of the Spirit of the Lord.
The Spirit of the Lord anoints us, it really does.  And when He comes upon us, it’s powerful.  In fact, God’s spirit can change us and transforms us into something different than what we currently are.  And when we are changed, we realize that He is with us, and we go in faith to do what he tells us to do.
Sometimes, I have no strength on my own to obey or even get up and move.  I grow weary and I often experience fear and dread, until….I pray and receive His Spirit.  His Spirit, his loving hand, comes over me and rests on my head and my heart and it changes me.  It enables me to stand when I feel like falling over, and it calms my fearful heart and invites me to lean on his chest and breathe…and feel his heart beat.
God is a powerful force and He loves us and lives within us.  We are human and we succumb to human emotions at times, but those emotions and feelings can be changed into faith and the ability to rise, when His Spirit comes upon us.
All we have to do is ask and receive and believe.  And we too will be changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment