Saturday, September 5, 2015

Three Things

Psalm 119 continues to say, Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end.  Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.

Three things the psalmist is asking for God to do:

Teach him, give him, and direct him.

He first wants to be taught God’s ways, and at the end of his request he wants God to direct him.

But in the middle he asks for understanding.

Why?

When we finally understand and comprehend that God’s ways are life, they are good, and they reach the desired end of completeness, then we will want to follow them with all of our hearts.

And in them we will find delight.

I’m thinking that the reason most of us don’t follow his ways with delight is because we lack understanding of the goodness of them…


Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment