Sunday, September 6, 2015

More...

To understand something is to have good insight or judgment about it.

Psalm 119 says How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

I don’t really think most of us understand God’s ways and words.  If we did, we would want to digest them a lot more than we do, because they would be “sweeter than honey.”  My husband puts honey in his coffee every morning! 

I also don’t think most of us understanding His directives, because if we did we would hate everything that went against what He says, and we toy with those things too much to hate them.

I don’t think most of us understand God’s words to us, because if we did we would walk without fear, realizing that his word illuminates our path and shows us where to go.

Maybe we should pray for more understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment