Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Do You Get It?

Near the end of the book of Job, there’s this great discourse between Job and God.  Job questions God because, of course, Job is suffering.  God answers him in the most powerful way.  Here’s a bit of it:

God says, “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand…Who gives the ibis wisdom or gives the rooster understanding?

Job says, You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

There is no way we can possibly understand God’s infinite power and smarts when he created the world – wow – what a mighty God we serve.  And just looking all the animals he created, the intricacies of their makeup, the colors of their feathers, and the sounds that they make – we can’t possibly fathom the genius of our God’s creative hand.

And yet we question his involvement in our lives….

Job finally gets that. 

Our minds are finite.  Our understanding is limited.

But we serve a wonderful God whose mind is, well, mind-blowing.  And his understanding is without limit.

I want to get that.


No comments:

Post a Comment