Friday, September 4, 2015

I Run

Psalm 119:31 says I hold fast to your statutes, Lord; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands, for you have broadened my understanding.

I grew up holding fast to the words of the Lord, because I was afraid if I didn’t, lightning might strike me.  And that produced fear.  And that zapped joy.

However, as I’ve learned that God is a loving Father and he has great things in store for my life, even when my vision is skewed and limited, I find myself delighting in his Word instead of fearing it.

But I want to run in the path of his commands!

And as my understanding of his ways and his love broadens as I walk closely with him and he with me, I believe that my pace will quicken, and my smile will widen, and my feet will lift off the ground…

Running with delight at the sound of his voice as I follow…

Won’t you run with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment