Saturday, August 16, 2014

Without Fear

Isaiah 12 says,
“Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the Lord God is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.”


How many times have we stated that we trust in God, but yet we’re really scared to death?  I’ve done it.  I’ve declared that I trust in God, but then I make every provision to work things out just in case he doesn’t come through.  I go to sleep thinking on ways that I can manipulate the situation and make things turn out the way I want them to, if God stays silent at my request.

This verse says that “I will trust and not be afraid.”

So how is that possible?  Read on…

When we acknowledge that he is our strength, our song, and our salvation, then fear fades away.

When we are weak, he is strong.  
When we sing, our soul stands up and salutes.
When we need a Savior, and realize how he’s rescued us, we rest.

Needing strength, a song, and a rescue?  He’s all of these and more.


When we realize these three things, our souls will trust…without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment