Thursday, August 14, 2014

Let Me Hear

Psalm 143
Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul.

What do you hear when you awake in the morning?  The sound of the coffeepot grinding the beans, the noises of crying children who want their food now, and the to-do list screaming at you as if it has lungs?

We recently videotaped a fun time at the park where my husband was flying a kite with our grandson.  When we were actually there, all I concentrated on was whether or not the wind was blowing and if we could keep the kite in the air, hoping Gideon would squeal with delight.

But when we played back the video on our phone, we heard birds singing loudly in the background, and both of us commented on how we totally missed those songs in the moment of flying the kite.

Perhaps if we awake to His lovingkindnesses in the morning, his goodness to us, his songs he sings over us, and his mercy that flows like a waterfall…our trust would be stronger throughout the day, and our path where we walk a little more clear.

Who knows, we might even find ourselves skipping instead of walking, as we lift our souls to Him, soaring in the sky without a care in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment