Sunday, September 11, 2016

In Your Mouth

Numbers 23:12 He replied, “Must I not be careful to speak what the Lord puts in my mouth?”

Did you know…the Lord puts things in our mouths to speak? Sometimes it’s just a kind word. 

I saw an older woman trying on a pretty poncho-type coat and I told her it looked pretty on her. It really did.  Her face lit up, she smiled and told me thank you, and then chatted with me a few seconds before moving on.  I felt like that one compliment made her day…or maybe it  made mine…because I spoke what I heard him say.

The Lord thinks she is beautiful.  And she needed to hear that she was beautiful.

What is the Lord putting in your mouth to say today?  If it’s criticism, accusation, or gossip, that’s not His words.  If it’s encouraging, truthful and cheery…then say it.

In fact, be careful to say all that He puts in your mouth to say…and you will be a blessing to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment