Thursday, September 1, 2016

Good Gifts

Matthew 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Even the best gifts and the best attempts at giving by earthly fathers pale in comparison to the gifts our Father gives to us when we ask.

I’ve given my kids gifts that I think they will love, only to realize later that what I chose probably wasn’t the best idea for them.  I’ve also realized that there were some things I wish I’d given them when they were growing up, that I failed to give!

We do our best.  And God takes care of the rest.  Because he’s like that.

If we feel as though we don’t know what to give, that we haven’t given enough, or we’ve even given too much – God can step in and give exactly what we need to us and to our kids.
There are things in my life that I received that I didn’t want, and they ended up being a huge blessings – like kids!  And there are things that God has blessed me with daily that I fail to stop and give thanks for, like health, vision, joy, etc.

His gifts are endless, they never stop coming, and they’re just what we need – even if at first we think they don’t “match” or they don’t “fit.”


No comments:

Post a Comment