Friday, November 21, 2014

Tell Your Story

Psalm 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,  those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south.

My story is this:  I was raised in a Christian home but as so many kids like that, I rode on the coattails of my parents for faith and provision, and never really confronted my own faith until I was about 30 years old.  It was then that everything I knew, everything I owned, and everything I believed was challenged.

It was a hard several years as we suffered loss of all kinds, and my faith was shattered, and I was faced with this question, “Is Jesus enough?”

I’m very thankful to report that He indeed was, and still is, enough.  Theology, my own experiences, and even the faith of others, did not sustain me when storms hit me personally and knocked me silly.  It was his love and his revelation to me that he loved me as I was, broken and confused, and he was well able to carry me through every hard place, into his arms of safety and peace.

It’s a daily walk with him, now, not just a once a week on Sunday taste.  I know he is good, he is faithful, and he proves it to me and mine every minute of every day.


I invite you this Thanksgiving to tell your story to others, of his goodness in your lives, or to seek him and find his goodness…today.

No comments:

Post a Comment