Friday, November 14, 2014

On Your Bed

Psalm 149 cont’d:
For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

Okay, we know God is delighted when we worship him.  We get it that he exalts us when we are truly humble before him. 

But why does he state here that we are to rejoice over these two things, and sing for joy…on our beds!?

Isn’t that a funny picture? 

Not really.

I don’t know about you, but in my bed at night is when all the worries of the day, the cares of the week, and the wonder of tomorrow all come together in a heavy presence over my mind. 

I then have two choices:

I can go to sleep crying, fretting, begging God, and imagining the worst…

Or I can choose to rejoice, remain faithful in my praise, and allow his Spirit to lift me above all that darkness into songs of joy.

What better way to drift off to sleep than singing songs of rejoicing in his goodness and love?

It’s better than a warm glass of milk, a sleeping pill, or a noise machine…


No comments:

Post a Comment